Friday, November 8, 2013

Week 1 EOC: My Voice


I'm going to be frank and say, since I can't think of a single thing that is more appropriate in this instance, that I am an artist. Plain and simple. Every artist has a medium they love to work with more than anything. For some, its paint, and for others, it’s a camera. My medium is music. Music has the potential to share something so profound and unexpected with the world. One song has the power to affect millions of people. The idea of that is beautiful. Just think, I can change the world just through my art, my words. Music influences us all, regardless of whether or not we realize it. It gets under your skin, coursing through your veins until you crave it, need it, grasp at it as if it were your only lifeline. Music is like an old, cherished friend. It’s always there for you. And that is why I love it. I want to create a place for the outcasts, for those who don't necessarily fit the mold and are vastly different in every way. I want people to feel what I feel when I am surrounded by music.

No comments:

Post a Comment